Manager Pulp and utilities
You will manage the Pulp and Utilities department
You are responsible for the realisation of the planned production output from Pulp (Woodyard, Chemical pulp preparation and CTMP plant) and Utilities (Waste Water Treatment, CHP, biogas and conventional boilers), at the most possible efficient and effective way, within the defined targets of yields, quantity, quality, costs and time.
You act with integrity, courage, speed and intelligence in managing the department and the improvement of our processes. You provide suggestions and ideas that optimize the mill’s strategic direction.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- You are in charge of the complete Pulp and Utilities department (approximately 70 employees)
- You will report directly to the Mill Director.
- You install and ensure the achievement of the yearly operational deliverables to comply with our customrs strategy and vision. You will contribute effectively to our customers planning by providing quantitative and financial foundation/evaluation for mid and long term development plans/alternatives.
- You will optimize the performance of the people and the organisation: set-up, control and support of an optimal added value process
- You translate the SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment, Quality) policy into actions for the department
- You are responsible for the coaching and development of the employees of the pulp and utilities department.
- You are the driver of change and of further continuous improvement of processes according to the SPE&i strategic vision, and this together with the mill management.
- You approve and monitor the expenditure in line with budget guidelines;
- You ensure legal compliance and contribute to the sustainability of the plant
- You have a master in Mechanical Engineering Process Technology, Electronics or Civil Engineering.
- You can demonstrate relevant experience as a manager working in a technical organisation or department in an industrial setting.
- You have experience in project organisation
- You are strong both operational and organisational wise, you have a strong portion of maturity and are immune to stress. You also think about improvement in processes.
- You have strong leadership capacities and are a strong coach and motivator.
- You have an out-of-the-box mindset. You provide innovative ideas and are always looking for new challenges.
- Your dynamic and flexible attitude makes you an inspiring, result driven and professional colleague.
- You are willing to improve continuously and act as a change agent within the site according to our SPE&i-vision.
- You have strong communication skills (Dutch, English and German) and are customer oriented.
- Independency, a problem solving ability and pro-activity are part of your personality.
You will be given the chance to lead an exciting environment in a big international organization.
We offer a long-term contract, a competitive salary package including many different benefits.