Product Manager Orthotics & Prosthetics
Based on innovative technologies, Orfit develops and produces the most precise and reliable thermoplastic materials for medical devices that improve patient treatment around the world.
The Orfit team provides immobilization systems for cancer patients in radiation oncology, orthotic fabrication materials for patients in physical rehabilitation and prosthetic socket materials for amputee patients.
Orfit is unique in the industry because they are the only company that has the entire process of R&D, Production, Quality Assurance and Sales & Training under one roof. Their R&D and Production Teams use the latest technologies both with respect to materials and production methods so that patients and clinicians are assured of an excellent clinical outcome.
Thanks to their smart design, Orfit products contain a great number of features that result in an optimal functioning, both for patients and medical professionals. Through workshops, product training sessions and product installations, they assist their customers in assuring that they get the best out of products, both clinically and technically.
Orfit is a family owned company, based near Antwerp in Belgium. The company was founded in 1991 and sells their products in 105 countries. Due to the growth of the company, Orfit is looking for a Product Manager Physical Rehabilitation and Orthotics & Prosthetics (m/f/x).
- As a Product Manager you will report to the CEO
- You will be responsible for the implementation of the product strategy in the market of physical rehabilitation, orthoses and protheses.
- You define which solutions the market needs, in terms of functionality, clinical resolution, as well as the needs and wishes of end-users and distributors.
- You translate these solutions into products, in close collaboration with R&D.
- You supervise external and internal evaluations of products under development.
- You provide the marketing department with content regarding product manuals, brochures, catalogues, videos, website and social media.
- You support the sales and marketing teams with market introduction and follow-up. This includes product positioning, input for sales and marketing tools, preparation of trade fairs and conferences.
- You visit distributors, provide them with information regarding products and prices, product training and product support (in close collaboration with product specialists).
- Together with the sales department, you deter sales prices based on guidelines and co-management of cost prices.
- You are responsible for post market surveillance
- You maintain relationships with strategic partners in the market. You follow competitors and studies on the market and products, detect trends and determine the impact on Orfit.
- You have a higher education Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy (specialization orthoses), Orthopaedic Technician, …
- A thorough knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics and pathology of the human body.
- Basic knowledge of orthotic construction and manufacturing of prosthetic parts.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- You are cost-conscious and an anticipative thinker and actor.
- You have good communication, demonstration and training skills
- You have a precise way of working with a guarantee of traceability and detailed reporting.
- You are willing to travel frequently (50%).
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of French, Dutch and/or German is a plus.
- You will be offered a competitive remuneration package
- You will be working in a financially healthy and very ambitious family owned company.
- Room for constant learning, a good team spirit and nice company activities
- Growth opportunities and professional development within a culture that values flexibility, sustainability and innovation.