Solution Architect HVAC Datacenter Facilities
Automation, founded in 1961, is a Belgian engineering company active in the electrical energy market. Since then, the company has grown into a highly experienced and respected player offering low-voltage solutions and data center facilities of the very highest quality. With more than 50 employees, the company has the knowledge, experience and expertise to always provide its customers with the best solutions and the best service.
We do not only invest in our customers. Our employees are at least as important. At the start we provide extensive training. In the longer term, we provide valuable follow-up and offer you the opportunity to continue to develop your knowledge. In addition, we attach great importance to clear and short lines of communication. You will not be left with any questions because you can always count on your colleagues.
Even during Corona times, Automation has continued to grow at full speed. In order to continue that success, we are now looking for a new DCF Solution Architect.
Purpose: Delivery of a solution, in line with all of his/her domains of specialization as part of a E2E DCF solution and in line with business needs of clients. It starts with support of sales department, development of client solutions, implementation, building and delivery of solutions and ends with a handover of the project to after sales.
De DCF Solution Architect is responsible for :
- Staying informed about the newest technologies, products and solutions within the DCF domains in general and closely within the segment of his/her specialization. Presenting all new solutions to DCF Lead Solution Architect, managing and documenting during the entire lifespan of the product and/or solution.
- Providing existing products and solutions with useful documentation and product marketing documentation.
- Determining which products and solutions are needed to manage DCF to the extent that it will fulfill the wishes of our clients. Starting from selection of a product (through solution design) to implementation.
- Developing a client-oriented solution which will embrace business ambitions of our clients. Getting involved within a project from the moment that the client (and account manager) develops needs, all the way to the delivery process and handover to after sales.
- Implementation/building of solution (or part of solution) by means of directing, advising and controlling of the production.
- Understanding of business needs of clients and translating them to the best DCF solutions.
- Implementing of these solutions, by setting up a project plan, production and/or installation of files, electronic and mechanic plans.
- Giving guidelines during the implementation and controling/adjusting until the solution is delivered. In line with the highest quality which is delivered on time within pre-arranged budgets.
- Making tools up to date so that the products within them are coded correctly.
- Creating a user manual.
- Sharing a feedback report with the whole team at the end of each project, functioning as input for all future projects (lessons learned).
- Acquiring the necessary knowledge outside of his/her specialization to be able to have a E2E view on DCF solutions as well.
- Supporting the Project Manager at the process of organizing and producing (FAT and (SAT) of DCF installations.
- Supporting of client driven activities and meetings.
- Master in Engineering Electricity/Electromechanics/Cooling Techniques (or equivalent by experience);
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in one of the following fields: electricity, mechanics, electronics, refrigeration, fire protection, access control or monitoring platform;
- Proven project management skills and knowledge of different project management methodologies;
- Skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Passionate about the facilities aspect of data centres and willing to share knowledge and experience with others;
- Fluent in Dutch/French and English;
- Assertive and good (change) communicator;
- Knowledge of Windows, MS Office and ERP systems (Navision is a plus);
- Continuous interest and training in the field.
You will end up in a company with a flat structure that is in full growth. This offers you the opportunity to develop together with us. You will be surrounded by enterprising colleagues who want to go the extra mile. In this way, we provide the best service to our customers and keep our knowledge up-to-date at all times.
Of course, we also take into account a healthy work-life balance. Finally, we offer you an attractive salary supplemented with extra legal benefits, such as a car and a bonus.