Battery storage project Originator & Developer
A new start-up company is a stationary battery storage project development, financing and ownership boutique freshly established by Ackermans & van Haaren, SRIW-Environnement and Bruno Vanderschueren, who decided to merge their battery storage activities and teams in one vehicle.
The start-up company shareholders, management and teams were the driving force behind the development and financing of the largest battery project in the Benelux, currently in construction in Bastogne: EStor Lux. Based on this outstanding first reference, the ambition is to remain the frontrunner in battery development and ownership in Belgium with a target to originate and finance a pipeline of 100 MW of battery storage capacity by 2023, including projects either directly connected to the grid and projects connected behind-the-meter of grid users, possibly combined with EV charging infrastructure.
The start-up company ambition is to act as the true owner of those assets, and to be in the driving seat, from ideation to decommissioning. For supporting this ambition, they want to grow its team from two to five members and is looking for a talented and committed Battery storage project Originator & Developer.
As the Battery storage project Originator & Developer, you take a leading role in the development of battery projects, from ideation to financial close. You will directly report to the managing directors.
Depending on your profile and wishes, you may either work transversally on all projects or develop your own project portfolio. Your tasks include:
- Site prospection, commercial offer to industrial consumers.
- Value sourcing and business plan.
- Feasibility, sizing, planning.
- Negotiation of the key contracts: battery procurement, construction and maintenance, value generation, access to land and grid.
- Steering of consultants & team (permitting, procurement, market studies, legal counsels).
- Preparation of investment decision dossiers.
- Support to lender’s due diligence (technical and business model aspects).
- Market follow up and regulatory watch/lobbying for regulatory changes.
- Master (Civil or industrial) in electric, electro-mechanic or energy engineering.
- 5 – 10 years pertinent experience in the energy sector with added value for the job (project origination and development at an energy asset owner, BRP/BSP/supplier, industrial player).
- Full Professional proficiency in French, Dutch, English.
- Handy with MS office suite (Excel, Word, Power Points…).
- Familiar / comfortable with project development “from scratch” (few “boundary conditions”, lots of “trial and error”).
- Capable of works/operating under time and high workload constraints.
- Self-starter “whatever-it-takes” minded, team player (lone wolves not welcome…).
- Energy transition enthusiast (battery freaks welcome).
- A job with a mission and impact.
- Being involved in the whole development cycles and all aspects of energy asset development.
- Joining a frontrunner in a hockey-stick shape expanding business.
- Early stepping (employee n°4) in an early mover company: suffer the teething pains / enjoy the growth opportunities with us.